I haven't written in a while because I haven't had anything nice to say, I have only wanted to vent...
A ton has been going on with Chad finishing up classes, the weather being nice and my final weeks before graduation wrapping up. Life has been stressful, busy and out of control. Today I am happy though so I thought it would be a good day to blog.
This morning after picking up my Russian speaking, complex patient, who has no way to get to her appointments, I completed my final proficiency to graduate. After completing her treatment I had to drive her home on my lunch break and then be back to see my boards patient finalizing the treatment area. All went well and I am set to take my clinical boards. So I will continue to be happy if my 2 complex patients show up for their appointments, my 2 patients show up for their reevaluations, I get a letter in the mail saying I passed my written exam and finally all goes well on the 19th for my clinical exam. I know that's a lot of 'ifs' but I am hopeful :)
This morning there was a terrible thunderstorm and it was the 'first one of the spring'. Up to this point we have been getting snow! It was beautiful and I didn't even wish I had an umbrella walking into the school.
Chad is done with classes, his last final was on Monday. It has been nice having him home and spending daylight hours together during the week. He got a letter a week or so ago saying he got accepted into the engineering program at CU Denver, just waiting to hear back from CU Boulder now. Chad ran a 5k last weekend and we both are running one this Saturday to get ready for the Boulder Boulder.
Payton has been a little smarty pants lately. She still doesn't want to say much but she can imitate what a cat, elephant, car, dog and monkey say. We also decided we are going to teach her more sign language because in one day she picked up using 'more' and 'food'...I think 'drink', 'done' and 'sleep' are next on the list. It has been really hard and she has been frustrated that we don't understand what she wants- maybe this will help.
Tomorrow we are going to the Zoo! Yeah!
1 comment:
You are a great daughter, mom and student.... I don't know how you do it all! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment