Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lane Madison Hammond


Lane Madison Hammond

Born July 7
th 2010, 11:04pm
8 lbs 4 oz, 19 3/4 in

Lane was born at Exempla Good Samaritan Hospital in Lafayette
We went to my 39 wk doctor visit at 4pm. My Dr. said I was a good 5cm, she cleared my membranes and sent us to the hospital. We actually took an hour to find our way over, we called family, dropped Payton off at grandma's and ate Burger King before checking in.
By the time we got our room and I got checked again, a little after 6pm, I was 6cm! My Dr. was in about 6:30 and broke my water. After letting contractions progress I decided to get my epidural about 8:30. I started to push at 10:50 and literally 4 pushes later our little healthy girl was here.



The hospital was a 'baby friendly' hospital which meant that Lane never left the room, she also spent the first hour after she was born with Chad and I for chest time, breast feeding and bonding.

After that she finally got her bath and we moved rooms.



Payton came the next morning to say hello to her new sister.


Gammie Miller came up to stay with Payton at our house while we were at the hospital. It was great to have her help and Payton really enjoyed the extra time with her Grammie.


We had a lot of family come to see the new addition, thanks for all the support!





We headed home on Friday a little after noon. Lane is a happy new addition to our little family.
I feel so lucky that we have such great friends and family that are here to support us. We also feel so blessed to have such a healthy wonderful little girl. Now that the adventure of getting her into this world is over, the journey at home starts!

2 comments:

Mars said...

Shanda she's beautiful!! I love her blanket-so cute! Glad you guys are doing well!

S Miller for C Miller said...

I am totally crying! I wish i was there to be with my family and to see my new little niece...she is so so so very cute! I cant wait to hold her! Sending my love to you all! xoxo