Monday, April 21, 2008

Suds, Sand and Symphony

Payton has been enjoying her baths almost too much lately. Her night time routine of bath time (or a shower if she wants) pushes 30 minutes most days. She plays, giggles, splashes and 'swims' on her belly until she is a little wrinkly raisin. Her new ha ha is when we wash her hair she wants all the bubbles off her head and rubbed all over her body. A little fun along the way makes for a shark fin hair do and a smiley baby.

With all the nice weather and many more sunny days to come we decided on Saturday to pick up Payton a sandbox. This little turtle sand box holds 150 pounds of sand -- it sounds like a lot but it really isn't;) After getting the box out of the car and loading it with sand Payton walks over to it digs her hands into the sand and takes a big mouth full of it. She quickly spit it out realizing it wasn't as tasty as it appeared, but the remnant of a sand mustache was still there. Once in the turtle box she was so content. She scooped the sand into the turtle bucket dug her toes in and was ear to ear with grins. She loves her little sand box so much; she cried when we got out and cried again today when she saw it but couldn't play because it was too windy- maybe tomorrow :) Here are a few pictures of her in her turtle sandbox.






This weekend Chad and I were able to have a fun date night. We drove up to Broomfield on Saturday to drop Pattie off because Grandma Laura was going to watch her for us. Chad is in a music appreciation class that asks that he goes to a musical event, so last month we went to the symphony. While there we looked at the schedule of events and one that caught our eye was called 'Broadway Bravo!', so we decided to go to it this month. It was a great show! It had three singers along with the Colorado Symphony and Orchestra that performed numbers from Broadway shows such as Les Miserables, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Cats and much more. It was totally different than other shows, good in it's own way, and something I would love to see again. After the show was over we walked over to ESPN zone to finish up watching the Av's game-which they won YEAH! We had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant named PRIMA. It was a great date night :)


I have 1 month left of school--so I decided to take it one week at a time...till next week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Little Pattie (cute nickname) looks so cute in her new little turtle sandbox. I love it. I am glad you and Chad got some time away and had a nice evening together. That sounds like a really fun show! Miss you guys and hope things are going well. There are going to be some weddings this summer so hopefully we make it to Denver to see you guys.

Mars said...

Cute sand box! It's funny how kids think sand looks yummy. Personally I think it looks disgusting! That show you saw sounds good too! I think I'd like it. Glad you guys are getting nice weather. Maybe when I'm in Denver one of these times we can meet up :)