Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What happens with a day off...

Life has been so full of stuff lately; school, homework, patients, preparing lessons for RS, practicing the organ (of which I have now been offically called to do and am excited to broaden my horizons and develop my talents), mommy duty, wife duty, craft projects (what made me decside to start these I have no idea) and what ever sleep I can manage. School I guess is same old same old, I guess it is just the seniorititis that is kicking in. There also is the small detail that I am studying for the tests that tell me I am qualified to get a job... a small but very important detail. Church has been hard, really hard the last month or so. Payton is such a doll and we love her, but on Sundays words could not describe how we feel. Chad and I rotate weeks who 'gets' her during the 2nd and 3rd hours, but the past few weeks with me playing the organ and teaching Chad has gotten the raw deal. Overall I think it is the looming idea that church is going to be this way for a long time if we are planning on more kids...oh well :) As for the crafts, I dont that I really wanted to do them I just did them becuase I've been meaning to for so long and I was tired of looking at the stuff I bought to do them. But they are finished now, a new shelf and decorated letters for Paytons wall. So I guess my point of listing this is I had a day off today, at least from everything but mommy duty and wife duty. We spent a wonderful day at the zoo thanks to the creative christmas present of a year membership to the Denver Zoo.

Today was a wonderful day to be at the zoo there was no one there!! It was a little chilly but that's okay with me becuase the animals were a little less stinky than I remember over the summer. The highlights of the day were Elephants (Paytons fav), the Giraffes (my fav) and the Monkeys (becuase who doesn't love the monkeys?!).
Payton loved the animals, especially the roaming geese and peacocks which she would run after when we put her down. I may not be a little kid anymore but I still am amazed at the animals when I go- how big they are, what their skin looks like and how the move, it's great! I know I am looking forward to going again and I am also excited to see Payton's reactions to the animals as she grows up and understands more. As a final stop we went to the gift shop and Payton got a giraffe stuffed animal to add to her collection.
Well it is snowing and I am really not looking forward to my drive tomorrow, at least it's Thursday and only a half day, YEAH! Oh and LOST starts too, DOUBLE YEAH!!

2 comments:

Mars said...

Sounds like you had a very eventful day "off" and I'm jealous you went to the zoo! I love the zoo! Payton is getting so big-& still cute as ever. I hope I can meet her one day before she gets even bigger! I feel like you do with all the things in life going on...and I don't even have a kid or a husband yet so I guess I'm in for it when I do! And I was just thinking about 4 projects/crafts I have in process but can't seem to finish one. Nursing school doesn't really give me a day "off"...one day I'll finish them. Miss you!

Sarah said...

Our wonderful Lost is back. I am assuming you watched the season premiere. It looks like we are in for a good season! Your blog looks cute! Miss you guys!