Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Day and Today

Our Easter was a fun holiday experience. Payton was old enough at Christmas to unwrap some of her gifts, but not old enough to truly be excited about them. This Easter was different; it was like she could tell from the moment I walked into her room to get her that it was a special day. When we got up stairs she was all grins under her mess of a hair do. She walked right over to her basket and admired the bootie the Easter Bunny brought, pointing at the Little Peoples 'Noah's Ark' and picking up her new sweaters. The best part was watching her bust open that first egg, finding that it wasn't empty but filled with fruities she let out a 'oooh' and headed for the next egg. As with most peoples Easter tradition, Payton wore her Easter dress made by Grammie Miller to church. We had ham at Grandma Lauras and enjoyed a back yard egg hunt. The day was filled with fun.
Today was an important day-I took my written exam for my hygiene license. It is a 8 hour exam broken into two parts with a total of 350 questions. It was killer. I feel mentally drained and with the test averaging a 20% curve it is hard to say I walked out of there thinking I nailed it (no worries I am pretty sure I passed :)). Well it is 6 weeks before I know if I did pass and until then it is bye-bye spring break and hello busy life.

5 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

I can't believe how old Payton looks in that picture of her in the dress. She is so dang cute!!!! Congrats on your test being done...yippy!!

Anonymous said...

Payton is sooooo cute, we love seeing her every day! Grandchildren are your gift for being parents :o)

Anonymous said...

Payton is soooo much fun!
We feel spoiled seeing her every day!

Anonymous said...

Payton looks so grown up modeling her Easter dress. She just grows so fast between the times we see her. Glad your tests are over. Maybe you will be able to take some time for yourself. Love you guys.

Chelsea and Evan said...

Hey Chad -thanks for the link to your blog! Now we can keep in touch. I can't believe how quickly Payton is growing! We're going to have a girl soon, too! Chelsea is going to be induced on Monday if she doesn't go into labor this weekend. Let me know how you've been and what you're up to these days.